17 April 2011

The journey begins!

So this post is to catch up on the past 3 days! I have been slacking or rather too busy to get on here. Let's start with Friday, that was fun! I'm saying that in the most sarcastic way. We ran around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to finish clearing, we finished though with a few minutes to spare! After it was done we ran to get some important papers and my crazy husband decided to stick it to the man, kidding of course. With no where to park he parked in a very high up's parking spot! Luckily there were no repercussions. After all that we went to turn in the rental car and have dinner with Jenn & Kevin; an Aloha Hawaii dinner. We got back stuffed and needed to pack ASAP. I got everything together, now we can't find anything! I guess I should have organized instead of crammed. We finally got to sleep after tossing and turning, thank God.
At 4 am, Saturday morning off went our alarms. We put everything downstairs, loaded Stitch in his kennel and headed off to the airport and made it inside around 6:30 after finding a parking spot and getting everything inside. I am very thankful we didn't have any problems checking Stitch in. Well except for the woman at the counter making me promise he had room to stand in his kennel, it made me laugh. We boarded our plane at 8, after some not so delicious complementary food and some kid shows on the plane, I chose to purchase the kids package! We made it to LA at 5 pm their time. As we were sitting outside the airport trying to get a cab it dawned on me the port we needed to pick our truck up at probably closed at 5, Joe decided to check that out and found that they are not even open on Saturday, or Sunday for that matter! Wow, what a way to start our trip! I wanted to cry and with my hormones the way they are it wouldn't have been that surprising. We ended up finding a hotel after calling about 10 that were booked. We stayed at The Sheraton Downtown LA. I felt like the worst person ever when I realized I didn't have cat food and was too scared to walk around LA so I ordered us Mexican Food for delivery and asked for some fillets of fish for Stitch, hey he had to eat! We got some much needed shut eye with the relief of knowing we could stay at my cousins the following day without paying more cab fees or for another night at a hotel.
This morning we woke up late, rushing to check out. My cousin picked us up and took us to the grocery store to buy kitty litter, cat food & all his necessities and then to In&Out Burger. We came back to his apartment and then went for a 2 hour bike ride and rode about 8-10 miles, we loved it! When we got back to the apartment another cousin of mine was here and we headed out to Rosco's (the Fast & Furious restaurant?) and had chicken & waffles, our first time having the combination! I am tired now and it shocks me considering it is almost 9 here and barely going to be 6 in Hawaii. 
This trip has been an adventure and we haven't even began the driving part, it is fun though!

No comments:

Post a Comment